If you have ever wanted to build high converting landing pages, you must have done thorough research. In the process, you must have come across the two most popular platforms Leadpages and Instapage.
They provide the facility of creating landing pages without any coding knowledge. Both the tools make the entire process of developing landing pages convenient, and have them running in just a few minutes.
Moreover, there are so many things that you need to go through before choosing a platform that works for you best. Selecting a tool between these two is a tough choice, and I have seen people struggle to make a decision.
To make the process smooth for you, we have come up with a comparison of Leadpages vs. Instapage. This way, you can land upon a choice that works best for you. Both the tools are well-regarded and popular.
This comparison will give you an insight into the things that you have to look for while choosing a platform to create landing pages. Several are dug deep to understand the features better.
Let us go through a quick comparison of the critical elements that make both the tools unique.
Leadpages and Instapage are landing page building tools that have a lot of similarities and a few selected differences.
Both Platforms include several landing page templates that are built-in, and also have A/B testing features.
They have other tools integrated that help to track and improve performance. Read further to have a better understanding of the functions of both tools.
Both applications are also integrated with email services like Mailchimp and Aweber. A variety of pricing plans are offered for the convenience of users. Varied sizes of businesses can pick a plan based on their needs.
- Leadpages - With a very easy to use interface, Leadpages is used conveniently by the users. People with no coding experience can also obtain maximum benefits to build powerful marketing campaigns. Beginners find it very easy to use this software and roll out their pages in just a few minutes.
- Instapage - Instapage is also very easy to use. Moreover, this platform offers several customization benefits to make the landing page suit varied needs. Additionally, instead of customizing everything of a template, you can just build a page from scratch. Instapage has a powerful editor built especially for beginners and advanced designers.
Other significant features are compared below for both the tools to make you clearly understand the landing page builder functions.
Landing page Templates
More templates available as compared to Leadpages
Yes, but not a variety of options available
More options to customize landing pages
- 1 Leadpages vs. Instapage - Features by feature Comparison
- 2 Leadpages vs. Instapage: Pros & Cons
- 3 Pricing Plans
- 4 Final Verdict
Leadpages vs. Instapage - Features by feature Comparison
1. Landing Page Templates:
Instapage has more free templates than Leadpages. The first thing that you need to do when you want to create a landing page is to select a template of your choice.
This applies to both platforms. You can start building a page from scratch. But there are plenty of options available when it comes to choosing a template.
The templates are available for different industries. Building pages from professional templates is a good start and is highly recommended.
Leadpages offer more than 130 free templates that are already built, and you can customize them as per needs from its drag and drop editor.
The templates are available based on different industries, and you can quickly sort them to find one based on your industry type. Whereas, while doing so on Instapage, you can just filter templates based on campaign type.
One more advantage of using Leadpages is that you can filter templates by selecting the "Highest Converting" option. It will help you rapidly find templates that work best in your industry.
They are located based on the aggregate data contained in Leadpages. The feature may not be a major one but ensures that you find the best possible template.
Leadpages has two editors, and the users can use one based on their needs -
On the contrary, Instapage offers more than 500 landing page templates. The layouts of such landing pages are fully designed, and users will not have to work on the designs.
Like Leadpages, even on Instapage, you can sort and filter landing page options based on your industry type. However, it is observed that the filtering option of Instapage is not as detailed as the Leadpages one.
The templates of Instapage are also very well designed like Leadpages, and you will find the pre-built templates attractive.
Both platforms offer exceptional designs, and there is not much difference in the layout of landing pages. However, as far as quantity is concerned, Instapage is the winner.
The selection range of Leadpages is limited. Moreover, even if Leadpages sell premium templates, you can only edit them in the old standard editor of Leadpages.
No premium templates are offered by Leadpages for its new drag and drop editor.
2. Landing Page Editors
Both platforms offer drag and drop editor. However, the operations and functioning of both platforms are different in their way. The approaches to working with both platforms are different.
Moreover, it is complicated to pass the conclusion on which one is better than the other. However, you can easily find out the difference between both the landing page building platforms. Figure out which one will work best for you.
Technically, Leadpages provides access to two different landing page building tools: The standard builder and The drag and drop builder. Users can use either one according to their preference.
However, the drag and drop editor is a recently upgraded one compared to the old editor. With the drag and drop editor, you will have to set up a fundamental framework of columns and rows.
After this, you can drag and drop individual elements into different locations.
If you are familiar with using WordPress landing page builder, then this one has a similar interface. You can conveniently drag and resize individual columns according to your wish in the design.
The sidebar has several features apart from the drag and drop builder. You can use the sidebar to style varied sections of your page, add new page elements, and set up analytics.
Leadpages uses a system that is based on grids for the convenience of its users. Additionally, it is very much different from the functioning of Instapage.
On Instastage, on the other hand, doesn't use a grid system for the drag and drop editor. It uses a system that has an entirely free-form building interface.
It merely means that you are no longer limited to the locations of rows and columns that are pre-defined. You will have access to the entire page, and you can drag the elements of your landing page anywhere to fit in them.
You will get suggestions from Instapage that will help you efficiently align each aspect. However, you can ignore the advice and place them as you like.
Now, it entirely depends on the user, which system you like more and finds useful. Some may feel that the guidance of a grid system is beneficial to have a clear idea of dropping elements.
While others may feel like placing the items based on their wish, gravitate the editing experience, which is suitable for you.
3. Availability of Widgets
Widgets are the key elements that are required to build landing pages. Widgets include several factors such as Text, images, colors, etc.
Core widgets are provided by both the platforms so that users can build a standard landing page to capture leads. A wide variety of widgets are offered by Leadpages that might come handy to users for the edge cases.
Eighteen different widgets are offered by Leadpages that contain Text, Countdown, Headline, Space, Image, etc. Using the editor interface, you can easily customize each widget based on the specific aspects of that widget.
LeadPages has one widget that is unique in comparison to the widget of Instapage. It is the checkout widget. This widget will let you sell digital products with the help of stripe.
Leadpages also handle delivery, and it also makes the selling of ebooks and other digital products possible.
Instapage currently offers eleven different widgets. However, multiple functions are covered by some widgets. Comparing the same functionalities as Leadpages, a total of 13 widgets are provided by Instapage.
A few specific elements are missing for Instapage that are present in Leadpages.
Instapage also allows opening a separate setting area for each widget, and you can customize accordingly.
4. Responsive Design
Both platforms create entirely responsive pages, and they are mobile compatible, as well. Hence, you will not have to worry about your users using different devices.
However, Instapage has better control over making the design of your landing page responsive. Its editor allows you to edit different versions for different devices based on the screen size.
With Leadpages, you can create a responsive web page design. However, with Leadpages, you cannot control the design manually.
The sensitive design settings are handled behind the scenes, and you have no control over it. You can preview to have a look at how your responsive design will look like. But you cannot edit the design in the preview mode.
Like Leadpages, Instapage will also automatically create responsive web pages for you.
Moreover, Instapage takes the entire procedure a step further by giving you control over the responsive design of your landing pages. You can group several widgets of your landing pages.
This will ensure that it stays together on the responsive version of your landing page that is generated automatically. You can simply select the widgets by clicking and dragging them.
Most importantly, on Instapage, you can entirely edit the mobile version of your landing page. Using the same principle of drag and drop, you can simply manipulate the design of your landing page's mobile version.
You can also choose to hide specific elements from appearing in the mobile version.
If you have high traffic from your mobile pages and if you think that you will have to spend a considerable amount of time to dig into the mobile design of your landing pages.
Consider Instapage, this tool is better for some specific situation.
5. A/B testing Tool
This is another feature where it is hard to drag differences between the two platforms. Both the characteristics of these two platforms are more or less the same.
There is a slight difference in the interface of both the tools that make their A/B tests unique.
With Leadpages, you can conveniently add a new split test between different landing page versions from your dashboard.
After entering the interface and selecting the control page, you can create a variant of the same page by either duplicating the same page or creating a new one.
Choose the method of distributing traffic and start the test of the two versions of your landing page.
Instapage takes a similar approach. You will launch the A/B test of your pages from the landing page editor and not from the main dashboard.
You can add numerous variations as needed and can also rapidly switch between varied versions.
You can also choose, like Leadpages, how your traffic will be distributed among different varieties. Moreover, you will have to do this from the Analytics account.
The A/B test of Leadpages is more intuitive than Instapage one. However, there is not much difference between users.
6. Lead Magnets
Lead magnets are a great strategy to increase conversion rates. Consider adding a bonus for your users so that they are attracted. You can add something like "enter your email address to download."
You can complete the entire procedure with the help of both the platforms. However, the approach for the two tools is not much different.
You can decide in the form widget what will be the next step after a user fills in a form. The leadpages account has a Lead Magnet delivery section from where you can manage all your lead magnets.
A similar approach is taken into account by Instapage to deliver lead magnets. While editing the form widget, you can choose the next step that the user will do after completing filling the form.
You can choose to deliver the file and either upload it to the Instapage server or host it on your server.
Both the tools are more or less similar when it comes to delivering lead magnets.
7. Analytics Option
Basic analytics is provided by both the tools to give you an insight into your traffic and conversion rate.
Moreover, you can also easily integrate the device with a third party analytics services account such as Google Analytics and other similar ones.
Instapage offers more advanced analytics features, such as heatmaps. These features are provided in high tier plans.
With Leadpages, you can choose to add your codes to track the performance.
This is done while you create your landing pages. Apart from the third-party analytics service, you can want to quickly see the performance with the help of an in-dashboard provided by Leadpages.
It includes details like conversion rate, traffic, earnings, etc.
In Instapage also you can choose to add a tracking script like Leadpages.
Beyond this, an in-dashboard is also provided by Instapage that is more detailed than Leadpages.
You will get access to the traffic and conversion rate, but in addition to that, you will also find other details. It includes heatmaps and cost per visitor, etc.
It depends on how much you value your analytics. You can use these values to tip things on Instapage.
8. Other features
There are a few other features contained in the tools that are not shared in the standard features section. These additional features may catch your eye.
The unique features of Leadpages are as follows -
- Integrated Facebook Ads - You can rapidly create Facebook ads that match your landing page right from the Leadpages platform.
- Leadboxes - You can design popups for your landing pages using the same platform. Popups are triggered based on two factors. Either actions or timing. The best part is that you can create lead boxes on standard pages as well. The page is not mandatory to be designed in Leadpages.
- Leaddigits - Subscribers can opt-in with the help of their mobile phones.
- Leadlinks - You can have subscribers click a link to sign up to a sublist of a webinar or other similar event.
- Notification bars - You can create alert bars to promote offers or your email list. Use them either on your landing pages or on other pages.
- Website Building - The 2019 update of this tool lets users create an entire website, just like Wix or Squarespace.
Unique features of Instapage are listed below for you to have a look and decide which tool will prove beneficial to your business.
- Audit Log - You can easily track edits and changes made to the landing pages through your account.
- Instablocks - With Instablocks, you can save an entire block that you created and can use it in some other landing page. It will help you save a lot of time. A block is referred to as a group of elements such as the header, footer, testimonial section, etc.
- Secure Collaboration - While designing your landing pages, you can have secure real-time collaboration. Your visitors and other people can choose to comment on the actual landing page design, such as Invision.
- Dynamic text replacement - You can align the experience of your visitor better and replace texts in real-time. This is done right from the ad to the landing page.
Leadpages is the best solution if you are looking for a solution with which you can quickly roll out landing pages. At the same time, you can optimize and test them based on the existing templates.
Moreover, the editor of Leadpages is not very powerful, but it offers several customization options several users will need in a slick.
Instapage offers more customization options. If you want to have better control over the design of your landing page, then Instapage is a preferred choice.
Leadpages vs. Instapage: Pros & Cons
- With the help of the custom code option in Leadpages, you can also add a code of your choice to your landing pages.
- All the landing pages created by Leadpages are responsive and compatible with mobile devices. Hence, there is no need to create a separate design for your mobile traffic.
- Leadpages offer a wide variety of landing page templates to all its users. Use the landing pages for lead generation, user registration, etc.
- Leadpages marketplace also offers paid landing page templates that expand the span of design choices available for users.
- The builder of Leadpages is straightforward to use, and each element has the drag and drop feature.
- You can drag and drop every element, such as heading, images, etc. Adding a new element to your landing page is very simple. All you have to do is drag the item, customizing it, edit it, and styling it using the editor.
- A WordPress plugin is available in Leadpages with which you can publish your landing page as a part of your WordPress website.
- Leadpages provide A/B testing feature along with key performance metrics that include conversion rates, traffic, improvements reported, etc.
- Integrations are available with email marketing and other marketing automation platforms. This makes it easy for you to import the leads to your mailing list.
- Comparing Leadpages to the Instapage builder, Instapage offers more customization options in terms of page layout and style.
- The editor of Leadpages is somewhat limited in front of the Instapage editor.
- Instapage offers more than 100 landing page designs provided to serve a variety of purposes for different businesses.
- Instapage also provides paid templates. The templates' selection is vast, and you will easily find different templates for capturing leads, registration page, sales funnels page, etc.
- With the help of a WordPress login provided, you can publish the pages of your Instapage directly to WordPress without copying the HTML and CSS code.
- Instapage supports a third-party analytics account. You can connect Analytics tools such as Google Analytics to the landing pages created by Instapage.
- Integrate your Instapage account with several third-party email marketing services available such as Aweber, Mailchimp, etc. You can also integrate it with other marketing automation tools.
- You can quickly test multiple versions of your landing page and find the top-performing page with the help of A/B testing features.
- Crucial performance metrics are also analyzed, such as display fate, conversion rate, improvement, etc. Several other aspects are shown in the A/B tracking feature of Instapage.
- Landing page editor of Instapage is easy to use and powerful, offering more options to customize the landing page.
- The landing page builder of Instapage is a bit heavier than that of Leadpages.
- Hence, the performance may suffer while working on the landing pages.
- There are numerous design elements available in the landing page editor of Instapage.
Leadpages offers the best pricing plans as compared to the other similar options available on the internet. Hence, Leadpages is a clear winner when it comes to pricing.
The basic plan offered by Leadpages is cheap and is being provided for $25 per month. On the contrary, the lowest and cheapest plan provided by Instapage for $149 per month.
Moreover, higher plans with additional features are also available for both the tools.
The feature of A/B testing is not included in the cheapest plan of Leadpages, and you will have to opt for its advanced plan.
Even if the cheapest plan of instapage is costlier than that of Leadpages, it doesn't include A/B testing features either. It means that even after opting for a $149/month plan, you will not get the A/B test feature.
Additional features may or may not be available for all depending on their pricing plans.
Leadpages also offers the option of developing a full website, with its website builder that makes it easy to build an entirely conversion-focused website. Instapge lacks this feature.
Moreover, both platforms offer a trial period of 14 days so that the users can use the features for free and decide if the platform is fit for them and cater to all their needs.
Don't wait if you are confused between Leadpages and Instapage, then take their trials today and decide a single choice for your business.
The decision is callous since both are quality products. However, it depends on the user regarding which one they will choose.
There are small things on which a user can differentiate between the platforms and select one that best fits their specific needs. So here's what we say last about leadpages vs instapage.
Overall Leadpages is a better option than Instapage. Small businesses and sole businessmen can also opt for their subscription plan and obtain great benefits.
Even if customization options are less, everything else offered is adequate to build a robust marketing campaign. The best part is that the plans are quite affordable compared to Instapage.
Leadpages is good since it has a grid based editor and is on budget. With it you can also create opt-in pages and pages for the convenience of lead generation.
If you want to build an entire website do it with Leadpages. So, you see it has so much to offer for just a minimal subscription plan.
Instapage is not conscious about the budget and its plan swings higher than Leadpages.
Small businesses may not be able to afford the tool. Moreover, with it, you can have pinpoint control on your landing pages.