In today's era, business owners need to have an online presence. The first step to the path of taking your business online is to create a website.
The reason is the fact that a majority of customers these days search for the products online. Thus, without a website, you will lose out on the opportunity to attract potential customers.
WordPress and ClickFunnels are two such vital tools that will help you to create a website online. While WordPress is solely responsible for creating a website, ClickFunnels looks after the creation of a sales funnel.
It is an essential tool that has a vital role in the production of a fully functional website.
Now, you must be wondering which a better option is: Building a website with the help of WordPress or Creating a funnel with the help of ClickFunnels to boost your online sales?
In order to help you make an informed choice in between ClickFunnels and WordPress, we have provided an in-depth comparison between the two tools.
- 1 ClickFunnels vs. WordPress - Know About Them
- 2 Difference Between ClickFunnels and WordPress
- 3 Pros and Cons
- 4 Conclusion
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress - Know About Them
ClickFunnels has some of the most amazing features inside it. A few of them include:
Order bumps, downsells and upsells
ClickFunnels is excellent, and it can handle marketing automation processes effortlessly. With a sales funnel created by ClickFunnels, you can build a profit-generating business.
A variety of functionalities are offered to make it possible so you can build landing pages and funnels that are super fast. You can create them in less than 10 minutes, even if you don't have coding skills.
Some big giants are using WordPress, and they almost visit the site every day. Bloggers primarily use WordPress for their blogging sites. It is also one of the most used platforms with several features included.
Wordpress is tremendous in everything it does, and the users can have full control of their sites. You can accomplish every objective in WordPress easily just by installing a plugin in it.
Plugins for everything is available, and you are good to go.
Putting up pages with WordPress is convenient. You can also see whether your page is appearing in the front pages of SERP.
Optimize your landing pages properly with the target keywords of your business, and observe their position. To conclude, you will find everything in WordPress.
It has all the required functionality to rank the pages on top position. On the contrary, ClickFunnels lack such features.
Use WordPress to build robust marketing pages, manage your affiliate programs, and some other stuff. All you need to do is install the right plugin to do a bunch of tasks.
Dive into more features, and get to more about both the applications to understand their core differences.
Difference Between ClickFunnels and WordPress
Skipping the similarities, we will talk about the differences between ClickFunnels and WordPress. Let us know the details of the two and then decide whether migrating from one to another is the right choice.
Funnels or Website?
ClickFunnels is the platform for building a sales funnel, whereas WordPress helps to create websites that are rich in content.
It is nearly impossible to publish posts using ClickFunnels or get your posts rank on SERPs.
But what about WordPress? It is easier to get found online with the help of WordPress. You will have access to everything that you need to rank on the top.
However, the two are best in their respective fields. You can build funnels on WordPress, but the process will take hours to create.
To make it fully functional and running with WordPress, you will have to give in a lot of effort. Additionally, you will have to install a lot of plugins, and also pay for it.
Hence, ClickFunnels is the best platform to build robust sales funnels that convert. Whereas, WordPress is a page builder platform that has everything to optimize it as well.
Time and Ease of Use
There is a lot of difference between the time that you will take to build a sales funnel in ClickFunnels and WordPress. ClickFunnels has the functionality, and with just a few clicks, your sales funnel will be ready in only a few minutes.
On the contrary, with WordPress, you will require a lot of time, coding knowledge, several integrations, trials, etc.
If you are new to funnel creation, then the task of learning to develop a sales funnel is daunting at times with ClickFunnels.
But, don't worry, ClickFunnels has a plethora of sales with the help that can help you quickly learn the process of using it. It also has an easy to use interface that you can use effortlessly.
WordPress is easy to use as well, but it depends on your objective. It means what you want to achieve with WordPress.
There are several plugins for WordPress available with which you can easily do pretty much everything. Install a plugin and do everything on WordPress effortlessly.
No matter if you want to develop just a basic site or one with lots of complexities. Just install a plugin and get it done. You can also create your blogging site.
Choose a suitable theme, write your blog, and publish.
The creation of marketing funnels is also possible with WordPress, but you will require a lot of time, effort, and tools. Furthermore, you should know that if you need to develop a website beyond a basic one, then coding skills are required.
The price difference between the two platforms vary, and measuring the rate of ROI will not prove beneficial. Moreover, it will not be fair enough to do so.
However, the users can judge the applications based on both ROI and return on effort. However, you will get the advantage of the former in WordPress and of the latter in ClickFunnels.
ClickFunnels is believed to take a lot of less effort upfront.
To have the pages predesigned for sale, ClickFunnels provides a certain amount of comfort. You can just sign-in, choose a funnel of your choice, and then customize it.
You can also choose between a few other different designs. However, the range of selection for the free templates is not wide, and the paid ones may be expensive for some.
After having the funnel template, you can modify it according to your desire and do whatever you feel.
This task may take longer than expected, but you can come up with something great in just an hour.
If you have been using WordPress, you are already aware that your site can become a mess sometimes with WordPress. You require coding knowledge to work with WordPress.
However, the process of figuring out the issue may take longer than usual.
A user with no or less coding knowledge cannot make changes to the live site. Moreover, editing the off-line version of WordPress or making the switchover is tricky as well.
The fix will take quite some time, and you can also try some trials and errors to see if something works.
You can choose to post your queries on WordPress forums as well and ask for help. Since trial and error is sometimes painful.
ClickFunnels' support is better than that of WordPress. There is an instant messaging or feature. You can answer all your troubleshooting errors.
The option makes it easy to ask for help from ClickFunnels representatives. You can follow along the instruction to come up with solutions. Sometimes you may have to wait for some time to get an answer from their end.
Search Engine Optimization
Surprisingly, ClickFunnels has several SEO options, more than you will find in any sales funnel builder. For someone who is using the platform for paid advertisements, SEO features don't matter for them.
You can also edit SEO metadata with ClickFunnels. However, SEO and its related work are still limited in ClickFunnels as compared to WordPress.
The Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress has a very comprehensive toolset for SEO. If you already know about SEO, you can make the best use of this plugin and obtain the desired results.
Wordpress has several other plugins that you can use for SEO. Get more flexibility with some of the best plugins and customize as per your needs.
Time is trivial for all marketers. They don't want to spend most of their day on something that is just a matter of a few minutes.
Instead, you can choose to spend this time on something with which you can obtain fruitful results. Instead of working on technical issues, you can work on some critical projects.
But, at the same time, getting the issues fixed is crucial. To get things done and have clients in the first place, it is essential to have everything fixed.
The time taken to build either landing pages or sales funnel is crucial. You can also test between different variations of the page and funnels for obtaining optimal results.
Consider using Adwords traffic to do so.
WordPress is more of a platform where people run their websites. However, to run a website efficiently, you are required to have some blogging skills.
This is not the case with ClickFunnels.
No coding or blogging skills are needed to create landing pages, and sales funnel. The drag and drop feature is excellent in ClickFunnels, and with this, you can easily drag elements and drop them in.
Create high converting pages instantly with ClickFunnels, and skyrocket your sales. You can also create a page from scratch if you are not able to find a suitable template.
You can customize the models available. Operating ClickFunnels is much easier than operating WordPress.
ClickFunnels offers monthly and yearly subscriptions. Two significant plans are provided; one is available for $97, and the other one is available for $297.
If you opt for the basic plan, you will get access to 20 funnels, three domains, 100 pages, 20,000 visitors, and other monthly features.
With the advanced plan, you can gain the benefits of all the features unlimitedly. You can get access to in-built follow-up funnels, affiliate centers, etc. which is not included in the basic plan.
WordPress is free, but to have access, you should have a self-hosted plan. You are required to buy your domain and host it. Other necessary plugins are also needed to have your site running.
The cost of the domain is less than $15/month, and the charges for hosting starts from $2.95/month. The prices of themes and plugins may differ depending on your personal preferences.
The estimated total amount to develop a WordPress website up and running requires you to invest almost $200-$1000 every year. The price may vary depending on the different levels of sophistication.
Pros and Cons
Apart from being a popular blogging platform, WordPress is also one of the best CMS platforms. It is a highly recommended platform when it comes to building an SEO-friendly website.
- The content management system of WordPress is entirely secure. The admin can easily navigate through the backend of the WordPress website. You can easily edit the pages and upload new content on your site.
- WordPress allows you to use over 60,000 plugins, and the best part is that most of them are free. You can easily customize your plugins and enhance the performance of your website. If you need to make specific changes in your website's functionality, you can easily do it with the help of one or the other plugin.
- To scale any website online, it needs to be highly SEO optimized. Not all website building platforms provide you with the option of optimizing your website.
- However, WordPress stands ahead of the crowd. You can easily do the SEO of your website with the help of the numerous plugins available. Plugins like RankMath, Yoast SEO, etc. help significantly in optimizing your site and making it SEO friendly.
- The websites developed on WordPress are incredibly responsive. You can choose from several themes which are available for free.
- These themes are highly responsive and extremely mobile-friendly. In this generation, a majority of people surf the internet with the help of their mobile phones. Hence, a website which is not mobile-friendly will not be able to do well in the market.
- WordPress is an open-source software where anyone can study about it, use it, and change its source code. A majority of the themes and plugins have a GPLv2 license, and since WordPress is open-source software, you can easily share the code online.
- You need to regularly install updates in WordPress. It can be quite a nuisance if it is not done correctly. Premium themes are updated quite regularly, so the updates need to be installed immediately if you do not want to compromise with your website's health. Also, not all updates yield fruitful results. More often than not, while installing an update, your website may run into the maintenance zone.
- Since WordPress is an open-source platform, it is exposed to potential hackers. Viruses are often found hidden in themes and plugins. To solve this problem, you can quickly check the package first in some virus detector software available online. Only if the test turns out to be negative, unload that particular theme or plugin on your website.
- A majority of the free themes contain a lot of generic codes that tend to lower the loading speed of the website. Speed is a critical factor that helps in determining the ranking of the website. With a drop in speed, your sales will be profoundly affected. The only solution to the problem is to only use premium themes on your website.
It is one of the most accessible marketing software and sales funnel builders available in the market. With it, you can easily build a sales funnel, which converts visitors into customers. Also, it is quite easy to understand.
- It is quite simple to use. With its user-friendly interface, anyone can easily create and customize a sales funnel to boost the sales of a product or online course. You need not need any technical expertise to ace this software.
- ClickFunnels will provide you with a perfectly laid out plan to generate your funnel. It will also provide you with a step by step guide to follow, which will help you to create the perfect funnel.
- From the creation of the sales funnel, to auto-responding to the emails, ClickFunnels is capable of doing it all. It is all in one software.
- With this software, you can easily track the leads generated. You can manage your entire sales funnel with this software and put all your data into one dashboard. It will help you in identifying your weak points and improve them.
- The biggest disadvantage of using this application is the fact that it fails to provide you with the ownership of the pages generated by you. ClickFunnels owns it all.
- In case you ever decide to break the partnership, you will be needed to build everything again from scratch.
- An excellent way to scale your business is by creating SEO, optimized blogs. ClickFunnels does not provide you with an option to create blogs.
- It is a closed source software. Thus, if you encounter any bug in the system, you will not be able to open the source code and fix it.
To conclude, WordPress is the best tool when it comes to the creation of websites, and ClickFunnels is the best tool for funnel creation.
WordPress cannot create a sales funnel, and ClickFunnels cannot build websites. Both are the best in their domains.
If you wish to sell products and want an effective sales funnel, consider buying ClickFunnels. Whereas, if you wish to build websites and optimize them for monetary returns, then choose WordPress.
We hope that our detailed comparison of ClickFunnels vs. WordPress has helped you in making the correct choice.
See Recommended Posts:
- Clickfunnels Review
- ClickFunnels Pricing | Which Plan Suits You? Do You Really Need this?
- ClickFunnels Alternatives | Which One Fits Almost All of Your Needs?
- ClickFunnels vs Leadpages
- Builderall vs Clickfunnels
- Kajabi vs ClickFunnels
- ClickFunnels vs Shopify
- Unbounce vs Clickfunnels
- Instapage Vs Clickfunnels
- Ontraport vs ClickFunnels
- SamCart vs ClickFunnels
- Clickfunnels vs WordPress
- Thrive vs ClickFunnels
- Optimizepress vs. ClickFunnels